Sunday, October 6, 2013

TV Premiere And Follow Up Ratings Notes For Thursday, October 3, 2013: The Millers (CBS), Welcome To The Family (NBC), Sean Saves The World (NBC), The Crazy Ones (CBS), The Michael J. Fox Show (NBC), Scandal (ABC)

Thanks again to TV by the Numbers for their report.

The Millers (CBS, Thursdays at 8:30pm ET)

13.09 million Overall Viewers
3.3/10 in the 18-49 Demo

This is a good start, for a not great show.  We'll see if it keeps it up in week 2.  I know Will Arnett would love to keep a job.

Welcome to the Family (NBC, Thursdays at 8:30pm ET)

2.99 million Overall Viewers
1.1/4 in the 18-49 Demo

This show joined the list you do not want to be on today.  This is DOA, and the only question now is how many episodes will air before it's yanked.  I'm setting the line at 4.

Sean Saves the World (NBC, Thursdays at 9pm ET)

4.43 million Overall Viewers
1.4/4 in the 18-49 Demo

Do not believe critics, I think this is a GOOD show.  It's tight, and one of the best comedy Pilots I've seen in awhile.  Nearly every character nails it, and if you're not watching the show, you're missing out.  It's got a lot of laughs, even if it doesn't sustain the laugh momentum.  Give it a shot, I don't think most of you will regret it.

The Crazy Ones (CBS, Thursdays at 9pm ET)

11.71 million Overall Viewers
2.9/8 in the 18-49 Demo

Make no mistake about it, this was a HUGE ratings crash.  I've decided to give up on the show after the second episode, because it doesn't do a thing for me.  I'm expecting another dramatic drop next week, and we'll see if it holds at that point.  If not, this will be one of the biggest hero to zero stories in awhile.  But, I'm getting ahead of myself.  No, wait, I'll put it on the list today.  Nah, just kidding.  Or am I?...

The Michael J. Fox Show (NBC, Thursdays at 9:30pm ET)

5.35 million Overall Viewers
1.7/5 in the 18-49 Demo

This is pretty good middle of the road comedy.  It's not quite there, but it works overall, and I'm wondering why it's not doing better than it is.  That's the way it goes sometimes, I guess.

Scandal (ABC, Thursdays at 10pm ET)

10.52 million Overall Viewers
3.6/10 in the 18-49 Demo

No mistake here that everyone wanted to see where it would pick up.  I think the show is dangerously close to doing a Homeland season 2 shooting of its wad really early, but I guess we'll see.  It's obviously a ratings winner, and you can already cue a real syndication deal.  Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment

There was an error in this gadget