Monday, September 16, 2013

2012-2013 TV Season Wrap Up (CBS): Person Of Interest Still Rulz

I'm back to try to finish up the rest of these wrap ups, because it wouldn't be fitting to have them not be here when the TV season starts this week.  I'll give thoughts on what I watched last season, and tell you what I'll be checking out this season.  In the interest of time, I'm going to try to keep these pretty brief.  I hope the rest will be worth your while.

Shows I watched, in the 2012-2013 TV season, on CBS:

Made in Jersey
Vegas
Golden Boy
Partners
Hawaii Five-O
Elementary
Criminal Minds
Person of Interest
2 Broke Girls

Made in Jersey (Canceled):

I made it through all of about 10 minutes of this show before I had to turn it off.  It just didn't work for me, at all, and it didn't work for other people either, because it was the first show canceled last TV season.  This is already too many words for a show that didn't even last this long.

Vegas (Canceled):

This show was a victim of DVR pile up.  I kind of enjoyed the Pilot, but the show just went nowhere for me over a period of a few episodes.  The show was also so sloppy with anachronisms that I couldn't get past the problems.  At some point, I decided that it wasn't good enough to keep caught up on, and the DVR lapse began.  I ultimately deleted all of them from my DVR, because I knew there was no chance the show would be renewed.

Golden Boy (Canceled):

I really enjoyed this show.  I hated the cock play between the lead and another character, but almost everything else about the show worked for me.  It was a pretty well done show, and I never thought it would be as good as it was, based on the premise.  The September 11th episode was really powerful, and I don't feel like I wasted my time at all watching the show.  I was pretty sad to see it go, though the ratings told the story pretty early on.

Partners (Canceled):

This show had an awful Pilot, I'll admit that, and it probably hurt the show.  However, once it got past the Pilot, it was a really enjoyable show.  It was high caliber, and had a lot of laughs.  It didn't have enough of an audience, though, so it was gone.  I'm hoping to get to see the rest of the episodes that didn't air at some point.

Hawaii Five-O (Renewed):

Last season, I just completely went through the motions on this show.  I have no idea how I made it to the end of the season.  Its audience is rapidly disappearing, and the show got moved to Fridays, this season.  The saving grace is that Chi McBride has joined the cast, which will hopefully make it watchable again.  It certainly was barely watchable last season.

Elementary (Renewed):

Until Hannibal aired on NBC, this was the undisputed best new network drama of the season.  Jonny Lee Miller was great, and I loved the casting of Lucy Liu as Watson.  There is absolutely no comparison to the vastly superior Sherlock, but this show was excellent in its own way.  I look forward to season 2, and you should definitely be watching this show, if you're into this kind of stuff, at all.

Criminal Minds (Renewed):

The season was fine, but the show has really outlived its usefulness.  I'll be there to the end, no matter how many decades that is from now.

Person of Interest (Renewed):

Person of Interest finally got some competition for me last season, but it remained my favorite TV show, if only barely.  Season 2 was must see TV, and if you have watched and don't like this show, I'm not sure I like you.  I'll try to get past it if you don't, but no guarantees. ;)

2 Broke Girls (Renewed):

I have no idea why I watch this show.  It's only kind of funny, and only occasionally, but since I've stuck with it this long, there's no reason to stop.

Now that I've wrapped up the 2012-2013 CBS TV season, I'll give my thoughts about the new shows, and whether I'll be watching.

Mondays:

We Are Men-Could this promo look worse than it does?  Probably not.  It has an intriguing cast, but I don't think it's going to be any good.  That's not going to stop me from watching this potential train wreck.  I don't think it has any real hope of seeing a second season.

Mom-More broad comedy, that has no chance of not making it.  Well, I guess it does have a chance of not making it, and that chance is "no chance".  I'll check it out, but I'm not really sure it's my thing.  I can be sold, if it makes me laugh.

Hostages (Fall)-This has one of the dumbest premises ever, and the show that will be replacing it mid-season is one I want to see.  So, I hope it gets canceled 3 episodes in, and we go to the next series. ;)  There is a below zero chance of me watching this show.

Intelligence (Mid-Season)-All I'll say about this show is I can't wait to see it.  That should be good enough for you to give it a try, too.

Thursdays:

The Millers-Will Arnett gets another chance to wreck a sitcom, so we'll see how it goes.  This is one of those awkward family comedies, so it will either be full of gold, or full of mold.  I'm definitely checking this out.

The Crazy Ones-I'll check this out, but it seems way over the top, and is going to be a hard sell.  Maybe it will be tightened a lot by the time it gets past the Pilot.

Well, that's that, now it's on to FOX.  Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment

There was an error in this gadget