Friday, April 26, 2013

TV Ratings Notes For Thursday, April 25, 2013: Hannibal (NBC), Scandal (ABC)

Hannibal (NBC, Thursdays at 10pm ET)

10pm:

2.343 million Overall Viewers
1.0 in the 18-49 demo

10:30pm:

2.460 million Overall Viewers
1.0 in the 18-49 demo

Folks, this is a ratings crash.  We were lulled into a false sense of security by Hannibal running against reruns the past few weeks.  Unfortunately, the reality is that Hannibal is in a ridiculously tough time slot (I watch all three shows at 10pm, and have to use two DVRs to do so).  All you can hope for now is more impressive DVR numbers, and a potential move to Fridays.  I doubt the show is going to recover much from these ratings when it's not against reruns.  I'll leave my prediction the same for renewal of the show, for now, but we officially have two to three weeks before I make a real decision (I will be factoring in DVR numbers strongly in my own decision, and so far we only have one week's worth).  You might have noticed that I added a poll to the upper right of my blog, please take the time to vote on it if you watch Hannibal.  I think Hannibal is a big DVR show (proven by the L+7 ratings this week), but even that might not be enough to overcome such low Live+Same Day ratings as we saw last night. :(

Scandal (ABC, Thursdays at 10pm ET)

10pm:

7.982 million Overall Viewers
2.8 in the 18-49 demo

10:30pm:

7.537 million Overall Viewers
2.7 in the 18-49 demo

On the other side of the coin, in the other show featuring a ton of psychopaths, Scandal continues to impress with its ratings this season.  It's had pretty enormous ratings growth, from season 1 to season 2, in an extremely tough slot.  We should expect this show to be around for a long time.  Based on the typical storyline, I wouldn't be surprised if they somehow managed to change term limits for Presidents on the show.  Thanks for reading.

2 comments:

There was an error in this gadget