Thursday, February 21, 2013

TV Ratings Notes For Wednesday, February 20, 2013: Whitney (NBC), Guys with Kids (NBC)

Whitney (NBC, Wednesdays at 8pm ET)

3.26 million Overall Viewers
1.1/3 in the 18-49 Demo

Well, I've given a long leash to the show, predicting it would be canceled, but not putting it on the list you do not want to be on.  I have seen some tiny windows of opportunity for renewal for the show, but, as of last night's ratings, I just can't wait any longer.  If the show is really fortunate, it might get listed under the "I've Changed My Mind" section, but don't hold your breath.  Whitney, welcome to the list.

Guys with Kids (NBC, Wednesdays at 8:30pm ET)

2.96 million Overall Viewers
1.1/3 in the 18-49 Demo

Despite its relatively lackluster ratings, all season long, I had avoided putting Guys with Kids on the list you do not want to be on, for a couple of reasons (even at one point predicting renewal).  The first was the dreaded SNL connection, which makes shows that should die live longer than they should.  The second is that it frequently had what I believed were pretty good DVR numbers. 

After looking at the last few weeks of TV ratings numbers I receive, this show is now doing pretty terribly in the DVR ratings, and even the SNL connection cannot save a 1.1 rated show in the 18-49 demo.  If this show were receiving a consistent 1.3 in the 18-49 demo, along with a modest bump in DVR ratings, I would lean more toward renewal.  However, it's not, so I won't, so there.  Guys with Kids, welcome to the list. Thanks for reading. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

There was an error in this gadget