Thursday, October 11, 2012

Early TV Premiere Ratings Notes For Wednesday, October 10, 2012: Nashville, Chicago Fire, Arrow

This is a first, as I will actually be reporting on a show on the CW.  It's noteworthy.  As I said in my previous post, I'm staying away from doing ratings reports until the final numbers are in for the day, except for premieres.  I'll do a full post of noteworthy stuff later today or tonight.  This is just preliminary, so things could change a bit from what you see here.  You can see the full preliminary report at TV by the Numbers, here.

Nashville (ABC, Wednesdays at 10pm ET)

8.978 million Overall Viewers
2.8/8 in the 18-49 Demo

These numbers are likely inflated by the Modern Family lead in, so next week's numbers are where this show really begins.  It's not off to a terrible start, but I think the numbers will drop significantly, next week.  Most people I've seen talk about it think it's just okay, and that's not the kind of thing that people stick around to watch these days.

Chicago Fire (NBC, Wednesdays at 10pm ET)

6.438 million Viewers
1.9/5 in the 18-49 Demo

I am under the firm belief that a procedural of any kind cannot debut under a 2.0 and be successful.  This is below a 2.0, so I am calling it DOA.  There was another show that started out with almost these exact same numbers.  It was called Awake, and it wasn't a soap drama (that's what Chicago Fire looks like from the promos).  Its ratings were a disaster by the end of its short run.

Arrow (CW, Wednesdays at 8pm ET)

4.017 million Overall Viewers
1.3/4 in the 18-49 Demo

These are definitely pretty impressive numbers for a CW premiere, these days.  This is probably the first and last time I'll write about a show on there, but Arrow is off to a good start, and the buzz around it is that it is a decent guilty pleasure.  If you're into that sort of thing, maybe you should check it out.  Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment

There was an error in this gadget