Thursday, September 27, 2012

TV Ratings Notes For Wednesday, September 26, 2012: Animal Practice, Guys with Kids, Modern Family, The Neighbors, Law & Order: SVU

I'm late again, but that's the way it goes.  I'm only going to talk about ratings that are interesting to me, so there's a chance a show you'd like to know about didn't make the cut.  If it's not here, that's good news for your show, because I think its ratings have no impact on its chances for renewal. 

Animal Practice (NBC, Wednesdays at 8pm ET)

5.19 million Overall Viewers
1.4/4 in the 18-49 Demo

That will just about do it for Animal Practice.  I'm expecting to place the show on the list you don't want to be on next Thursday.

Guys with Kids (NBC, Wednesdays at 8:30pm ET)

4.84 million Overall Viewers
1.6/5 in the 18-49 Demo

For some reason, a very crappy show beat its very crappy lead in.  It might join the list, as well, but it likely won't be as soon as next week.  It's sitting right on the worst case scenario bubble for NBC, when I think their sitcom bubble is probably going to be a 1.8 this season.

Modern Family (ABC, Wednesdays at 9pm ET)

14.44 million Overall Viewers
5.5/15 in the 18-49 Demo

There must have been much weeping and gnashing of teeth, over at ABC, when the numbers came in down .6 in the 18-49 demo with only a 5.5.  Yawn.

The Neighbors (ABC, Wednesdays at 8:30pm ET)

9.22 million Overall Viewers
3.2/8 in the 18-49 Demo

I have been hearing nothing but bad things about this show all summer long.  Well, I guess the audience didn't get the message, because this is a very strong debut, even though it had the killer Modern Family lead in.  It moves to its normal slot, next week, so we'll see how big the meteorite crater is to its ratings.  If it stays anywhere above the mid 2s, this show will be back, much everyone's chagrin.

Law & Order: SVU (NBC, Wednesdays at 9pm ET)

7.19 million Overall Viewers
2.1/6 in the 18-49 Demo

These are the highest ratings this show has had in awhile.  You know I want it to go away, but I'm sticking with it til it's gone.  I think the ratings will drop some more next week, but will it be enough to stick the dagger in this show.  NBC seems to have some kind of death wish with their Wednesday schedule, so anything is possible. 

I'll be back at my normal time tomorrow morning, and we'll get to see if anything else lands on "the list".  Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment

There was an error in this gadget