Wednesday, September 19, 2012

TV Ratings Notes For Tuesday, September 18, 2012: Go On (NBC), The New Normal (NBC)

Go On (NBC, Tuesdays at 9pm ET)

9.33 million Overall Viewers
3.3/9 in the 18-49 Demo

Three weeks into the series, and this show is still well above a 3.0 in the 18-49 demo.  That is what you call a hit.  It's ratings are likely to take a hit, starting next week, as its full competition emerges from the shadows, but this show is practically a slam dunk for renewal, at this stage.

Last night's episode was arguably the best one in the series, so far, but it did seem out of order from the previous episode.  I easily laughed the most in this episode, but there was definitely a little more "edge" than we saw in the previous two.  I look forward to watching this show every week, and I hope it gets to stay around for a long long time.

The New Normal (NBC, Tuesdays at 9:30pm ET)

6.20 million Overall Viewers
2.2/6 in the 18-49 Demo

The ratings were down a bit for The New Normal's third episode, and this is probably a little more worrisome to fans than the slight drop Go On had.  The full TV season still hasn't really begun, but my expectation is that the days of 1.6 renewals on NBC, for scripted TV, Monday-Thursday, are over.  My sitcom bubble line, as of today, is a 1.8.  I could obviously change that as the season progresses, but that's where I'll start it from.  When The New Normal faces its first real competition next week, I'm figuring we will probably see its ratings dip a bit more, perhaps to even below a 2.0.  It still has over a month until it has to face the beast of Don't Trust the B---- in Apt. 23, so I shudder to think of how it will do then.  I don't watch the show, so I have no further investment in its success, other than keeping my friend, EMMY winning Music Editor, David Klotz (a few of the shows he does music editorial for are Game of Thrones, American Horror Story, Glee, and The New Normal), heavily working.  Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment

There was an error in this gadget