Tuesday, September 11, 2012

TV Premiere Ratings Note For Monday September 10, 2012: The New Normal (NBC)

Last night, NBC gave The New Normal the prime lead in (along with no competition) of The Voice's Fall premiere.  This slot was originally supposed to go to the last Monday episode of Grimm (prior to it moving to Fridays), but, evidently, NBC felt that would be a waste.  I'm willing to sort of agree there, as the ratings for Grimm on Mondays were mediocre, and there likely won't be much of a change when it moves back to Fridays.  The Voice audience likely doesn't crossover much with Grimm's audience, so this might have been the first good decision NBC made this TV season.

So, how'd it do?

The New Normal (NBC, Tuesdays at 9:30pm ET)

6.912 million Overall Viewers
2.5/6 in the 18-49 Demo

I still haven't seen the show, yet, so I don't know whether it's any good.  If it was good, I'm sure tonight's ratings will be similar to last night's.  If that ends up being the case, I think you're looking at your first solid candidate for renewal, as I think the bar is pretty low for the show to be renewed (I'm thinking a 1.7 average for the season, in the 18-49 demo, will be enough to get it done).  I'm obviously looking forward to Go On's premiere numbers much more than I am the follow up ratings for The New Normal.  This show doesn't have the easiest road ahead, so I'll need to wait until its full competition is up before making a more informed guess about its renewal chances.  Still, it's off to a solid start, and its chore is to keep it up.  Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment

There was an error in this gadget