Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Chris Colley's Quick 2012-2013 TV Season CANCELLATION Primer (Big 4 Networks Only)

Because some of the shows that will end up on this list won't be on the air long, I've decided to go ahead and put together a little primer for what I expect will be canceled, as soon as I think that's likely to happen.  If your show ends up here, you can pretty much consider yourself dead meat.  As soon as I am certain a show will be canceled, based on the factors I always use, it will go here.  None of the shows that end up here will have potential caveats for renewal, so you can stick a fork in all of them.  Don't end up here.  You will not make it if you do, as this is the place I put my predictions for certain cancellations.

This is more of a real time version of the pointless predictions post I did last season (I won't do this season's version until much later in the TV season), which you can read here, if you'd like to judge the accuracy of my pointless predictions.  I will also update this post with the official cancellation date or when a show is pulled off of the schedule.  Thanks for reading.

Correct "guesses" will be marked in blue.

Incorrect "guesses" will be marked in red.

These Shows WILL Be Canceled:

The Mob Doctor (FOX, added September 18, 2012)***CANCELED NOVEMBER 28, 2012***
Up All Night (NBC, added September 28, 2012)
Made in Jersey (CBS, added September 29, 2012) ***CANCELED OCTOBER 10, 2012***
Animal Practice (NBC, added October 4, 2012)***CANCELED OCTOBER 18, 2012***
Ben and Kate (FOX, added October 10, 2012)***EFFECTIVELY CANCELED JANUARY 23, 2013***
Vegas (CBS, added November 16, 2012)
Don't Trust the B---- in Apt. 23 (ABC, added December 12, 2012, I just kept forgetting to add it)***EFFECTIVELY CANCELED JANUARY 22, 2013***
1600 Penn (NBC, added January 18, 2013)
Deception (NBC, added January 29, 2013)
Do No Harm (NBC, added February 1, 2013)***CANCELED FEBRUARY 8, 2013***
Touch (FOX, added February 9, 2013) 
Zero Hour (ABC, added February 15, 2013)***CANCELED MARCH 1, 2013***
Smash (NBC, added February 20, 2013)
Go On (NBC, added February 20, 2013)
The New Normal (NBC, added February 20, 2013) 
Whitney (NBC, added February 21, 2013)
Guys with Kids (NBC, added February 21, 2013) 

I've Changed My Mind, And Removed This From The List:

Partners (CBS, removed October 30, 2012.  I'm not going to say this won't be canceled, but CBS's treatment of this show is much different than I expected, based on its lackluster premiere ratings.  I think something bigger is going on here, and I think this show is now more likely to be renewed, than a certain cancellation, if I were making that decision today.)***CANCELED NOVEMBER 16, 2012***

4 comments:

  1. Damn...that didn't take long for a show to get the ax. Did its first episode even air yet?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not officially canceled, yet, but its premiere ratings last night were terrible...terrible, and it's not likely to make it past the end of October, if that long.

      Delete
  2. Wonderful. Me and the girl just started watching Mob Doctor. It's not so bad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jim, your task, should you choose to accept it, is to come up with a name that would have actually made people interested in watching the show. My suggestion is "Alcatraz".

      Delete

There was an error in this gadget