Wednesday, May 2, 2012

TV Ratings Notes For Tuesday, May 1, 2012 (Unforgettable, Cougar Town, Last Man Standing)

Unforgettable (CBS, 10pm ET)

10.63 million Overall Viewers
1.8/5 in the 18-49 Demo

That should just about do it for this underwhelming series.  I now have four of these episodes sitting in my DVR, and I am eagerly anticipating where the show has gone.  Okay, that was a lie.  If four episodes of any show are piled up in my DVR, it means I don't really have much interest in it, anymore.  Still, I'll watch all of them, and see if they fixed, or began to fix, the numerous problems this show had.  Even though it's surely getting canceled, I think it was a much better cast and executed show than the very similar Prime Suspect, from NBC, which was canceled early in the 2011-2012 TV season.

Cougar Town (ABC, 8:30pm ET)

4.99 million Overall Viewers
1.3/4 in the 18-49 Demo

Looking at ABC's comedy Pilot slate, for next season, and combining that with the success of Apt. 23, there has to be close to zero chance Cougar Town will be coming back for another season.  The real estate on the network, for comedies, has appeared to get smaller, which might even mean that even more shows are in trouble than I have predicted.  No matter what, I just can't see this show coming back (something I've said for awhile), period.

Last Man Standing (ABC, 8pm ET)

6.49 million Overall Viewers
1.4/5 in the 18-49 Demo

I thought this show was safe, for much of the season, even though I'm sure it hasn't performed even close to the expectations that both ABC and Tim Allen had for it.  With last night's ratings, and with the comedy Pilot slate, Last Man Standing has suddenly appeared to become expendable.  I've decided to move it to the "Cancel It" pile.  Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment

There was an error in this gadget