Wednesday, May 9, 2012

NBC Renews A Show And Picks Up Another

As reported by TV by the Numbers, NBC has renewed Law & Order: Special Victims Unit (Wednesdays, 10pm ET), and it has also picked up Dick Wolf's pretty sure to bore Chicago Fire (I'll still check it out in hopes I am wrong).  I thought the relatively low rated SVU should go (this season's rampant blame the victim storylines were horrific), but I also knew NBC would probably renew it.  If it's anything like this season, it won't be enjoyable next season.  I'll close by reminding you of all of the successful series (more than 2 seasons) Dick Wolf has had top level involvement in, in a career that spans five decades, from latest to earliest.  Granted, he is "the man", for making one of my favorite TV franchises of all time (21 years as of today), but that one franchise is really almost all he's known for.  The disservice he did to the franchise, toward the end, is pretty sad, to me.  If his franchising career gets resurrected by Chicago Fire, I will be amazed, but stranger things have happened.  Thanks for reading.

As Creator:

Law & Order: Special Victims Unit
Law & Order: Criminal Intent
Law & Order
New York Undercover

As Writer:

Hill Street Blues

No comments:

Post a Comment

There was an error in this gadget