Saturday, April 14, 2012

TV Ratings Notes For Friday, April 13, 2012 (The Finder, Fringe)

The Finder (FOX, 8pm ET)

3.37 million Overall Viewers
0.9/3 in the 18-49 Demo

I'm sorry to say this, but stick a fork in The Finder.  My old neighbor (Michael Clarke Duncan) will soon be looking for a new gig.  Hopefully this show has given him some new prospects.  I love seeing him on TV.  I was really hoping this show would find an audience on Fridays.  It was getting a pretty consistent 2.2 after American Idol, so I just don't understand why so few of the viewers have followed it to its new day.  That might say more about the average FOX viewer than it does about The Finder.

Fringe (FOX, 9pm ET)

2.90 million Overall Viewers
0.9/3 in the 18-49 Demo

I did a little research on the show's prospects, before writing this.  It appears that FOX should be giving a decision about the show sometime next week.  There have been tons of rumors that the show is going to get another 13 episodes, to wrap it all up.  The makers of the show are relatively confident they will get that wrap up season.  The actors (lol) are confident they will get another season.  The fans are confident they will get another season.   I also read that they have shot two endings for the (season) finale.  One will wrap it up, and one would set up a cliffhanger to take you into the final season.  My thinking, based on what I read, is that the cliffhanger is just a tag.  If it goes for another season, they will keep the tag.  If it gets canceled, they will remove the tag.

Now that you've seen all of the potential good news, here's where I might upset the fans of the show.  The ratings for Fringe are ABYSMAL.  They have been for at least two seasons, and none of the reasons for it staying around, last season, are here, this season.  FOX says they are losing money by making the show.  It has enough episodes for syndication.  It's also taking up real estate that could help save another show.  Fans, you've gotten more than you would have gotten with just about any other network.  FOX has been ESPECIALLY nice to this show, considering how brutal it has been to 99 percent of their dramas.  The fact that the show has lasted this long is a great story for Fringe, but...it's time to go.  Check here for my final "prediction" of what will happen to this show, since a lot of signs point to yes, but the realistic signs point to no.  I'm sure the fans will be really happy if my prediction gets proven wrong.  Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment

There was an error in this gadget