Friday, April 6, 2012

BODY OF PROOF (ABC) Makers Please Stop Messing With Me, I'm On To You

It's no secret that I've asked for some pretty big changes on Body of Proof (ABC, Tuesdays, 10pm ET).  In fact, many of them were addressed...sort of...this season.  Unfortunately, I have now come to the realization that the makers are reading this blog, and intentionally messing with me.  I'll give you a few examples, and you decide.  If you're looking for my criticisms of Body of Proof, they're not hard to find on this blog.  Here we go.

1.  I said that Jeri Effing Ryan needed to be fired (nothing personal Jeri, I just can't take you in the role you're playing).  So, almost everything is related to that request.  Early in the season, I gleefully cheered my TV set when it looked like Jeri's character was going to move away.  Nope, rug pulled out, didn't happen.

2.  In a later episode, Jeri got demoted, and one of my changes was implemented, making Curtis the Chief M.E.  Within two episodes, Jeri was restored.

3.  In the most recent 2 part episode of Body of Proof, the Outbreak "homage", Jeri Ryan's character contracts an incurable strain of some variant of the Ebola Virus.  Surely, she's a goner.  In fact, they were going to try a test drug on her, and the drug killed another patient, when she wasn't allowed to have it.  So, we think that Jeri is goan die.  Later, Dr. Hunt realizes that the vaccine didn't kill the guy, his used up liver did.  So, they try the vaccine on good ol' Jeri Effing Ryan, and she survives, just like Rene Russo.  There's only so much more of this I can take.  Touch√©, makers of Body of Proof, or shall I say, Summer's Eve?

The question now becomes who will have the last laugh, you or me?  Will the Dancing With The Stars lead in be enough to save you?  I already know the answer, but I...won't...tell...you. :P  Thanks for reading.

2 comments:

  1. Give a clue ! Thumbs Up or Down?
    Plz.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can find my prediction in the Pointless Predictions post in the upper right on the home page. I'll give it the caveat that if ABC wants to permanently marry it to DWTS, it has some chance for renewal. I just doubt they will want to do that.

    ReplyDelete

There was an error in this gadget