Saturday, March 24, 2012

An Open Letter To Alcatraz (FOX, Mondays At 9pm ET) Fans, Especially Nielsen Households

Dear Alcatraz Fan,

Oprah Winfrey called me up a little earlier, and said that since she can't actually appeal to Nielsen households to watch a show, that she needed my help.  She told me she is a huge fan of Alcatraz, and thinks it would be a crying shame for it to be canceled.  I told her that the prospects are dim, but that the viewers are there, just not on the same day as the initial airing.  I told her about the L+7 DVR ratings, and how the show pulls in a 3.1 in the 18-49 demo, in the 7 days following the airing of each episode. 

She then asked me why Alcatraz was going to have such a hard time getting renewed.  I told her it was because it only gets a 1.6 in the 18-49 demo in the live and same day ratings (very low ratings for a FOX series), and that she needs to hope Nielsen households watch the season (series?) finale live.  I told her that if the show could pull in something like a 3.0+ in the 18-49 demo, especially up against the brutal competition it's facing, that it would likely get to come back. 

It was in that moment that she broke down in tears of hope, and asked me to write an open letter imploring the Alcatraz viewing Nielsen households to watch the season finale live.  She said she couldn't ask for this herself, and asked if I would be willing to ask for her.  I told her that I am also a fan of the show, and see its enormous potential, as well.  That's when we said a tearful goodbye, and I got to writing this letter.  So, for Oprah Winfrey's sake, Nielsen households, please watch the 2 hour season finale of Alcatraz (Monday, March 26, 2012 at 8pm ET on FOX), so that it can have a realistic chance of at least coming back on Fridays next season.  Do it for Oprah, but more importantly, do it for me.  Thanks for reading.

Sincerely,
Chris Colley and Oprah Winfrey*




*No, Oprah didn't contact me.  I just thought it would be fun to write this, based on her public plea for ratings for one of her OWN programs awhile back.  She's not allowed to do that, but no one can stop me.  Muwahahahaha!  Plus, it might get some Nielsen household page clicks, right?  In all seriousness, if you want Alcatraz to have any chance at returning, it needs to kill it in the 18-49 demo on Monday.  Please watch it live if you are a Nielsen household, and want the show to come back.

No comments:

Post a Comment

There was an error in this gadget