Wednesday, January 18, 2012

A Word About the 2012 Mid-Season Openings (Monday, January 16, 2012 Premiere)

I'm just here to give a little info about Alcatraz (FOX), and how it did in its initial night.  You can see the full article on TV by the Numbers.

Notable for good ratings:

Alcatraz (FOX, Mondays at 9pm ET, sort of)

9.968 million Overall Viewers
3.3/8 in the 18-49 Demo

In the latest entry into the "let's hope Terra Nova dies" sweepstakes, we have Alcatraz.  I haven't seen the episode, yet (I'm planning to today), but I have relatively high hopes that it will be worth watching.  I've seen some really good promos for it, and I've seen some really bad promos for it.  That could mean that it's just another middle of the road type of series, but I'm really only hoping that it will be better than Terra Nova, or at least be able to kill Terra Nova.  As for the ratings, it has beaten Terra Nova, already.  The difference is that these ratings would be considered good, for this type of show, and the ratings for Terra Nova were considered bad, for that type of show, especially due to all the hype that surrounded it.  If Alcatraz manages to maintain anywhere near these numbers, you can say hello to another season, and goodbye to Terra Nova.  I think this series will probably be allowed to fall to a 2.3, before it would get canceled.  I'm pretty sure the only ways that will happen is if the show isn't any good, or it goes down a really bad path.  I won't know for sure, until I watch, what I think the prospects are for it.

I won't write any major words about it, but 2 Broke Girls came back strong.  It's the breakout hit of the year, and it hasn't lost any real momentum since day one.  It even began to sniff the jockstrap of Two and a Half Men's ratings, this week.  That is impressive.

Tonight's an important night for follow ups, as American Idol returns to dash the renewal dreams of Whitney and Chelsea.  I'll be back tomorrow to see how much of a bloodbath that turns out to be.  Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment

There was an error in this gadget