Thursday, December 29, 2011

HOMELAND: Chris Colley's Five Stages of Grief

I have canceled all future planned writings about Homeland, as of a couple of days ago.  I realized that I must be going through The Five Stages of Grief as described in the Kübler-Ross model.  I'll describe them below, with my reactions.  I hope you enjoy what will likely be the last major writing I do in regards to the series.

Stage 1:

Denial:  They did not end what looked to be a spectacular season that way!  How can that be possible, based on what they were telling us throughout the entire first season??

Stage 2:

Anger:  I am so mad that they ended this season, this way, that I am going to write a huge series of posts containing massive amounts of spoilers to try to figure out where everything went wrong!

Stage 3:

Bargaining:  If I write these posts, I'll be able to explain where it went wrong, and I won't feel like I wasted my time.  I'm doing this to help the makers of the show, because I want it to get on the right track.  If I do this, surely the show will get back on track.

Stage 4:

Depression:  It's been more than a week since the season has wrapped.  I was so motivated to write those "Homeland:  This Is What Happens When You F With The Man" posts.   Now, I am just not motivated, and can't get geared up to write them.  It doesn't really matter what I think anyway...

Stage 5:

Acceptance:  Well, the season didn't end the way I wanted it to, but what seasons ever do?  I'm frequently disappointed by TV, and this show should definitely not be any different.  I'll watch some more episodes, next season, to see what they do, and if I don't like where they go, then I'll stop watching.  They can do what they want, and I can do what I want.  It's no big deal, it's their show, not mine.

Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment

There was an error in this gadget