Monday, December 5, 2011

Fall 2011-2012 Canceled Scripted TV Shows List (Big 4 Networks Only)

Here's where I'll put all of the scripted TV shows that have been canceled, or effectively canceled, on network TV for the Fall 2011-2012 TV Season.  I hope it proves useful.  This may eventually turn into the place where I will also place official renewals, but that's a long way away, and not particularly interesting to me (except for the shows I watch).

Canceled Or Effectively Canceled Scripted TV Shows in Fall 2011-2012 TV Season:

1.  The Playboy Club (NBC)
2.  Free Agents (NBC)
3.  Charlie's Angels (ABC)
4.  How To Be A Gentleman (CBS)
5.  Prime Suspect (NBC)
6.  Pan Am (ABC)
7.  Man Up! (ABC)
8.  Allen Gregory (FOX)
9.  Work It (ABC)-This was updated 1/2/2012.  I know it hasn't aired yet, but I just can't help myself. ::Giggle::
10. The Firm (NBC)
11. Terra Nova (FOX)
12. I Hate My Teenage Daughter (FOX)-Effectively canceled by being moved to the summer.
13. Bent (NBC)-This was updated 3/22/2012, shortly after the ratings for the first episodes came out.  It's getting canceled, no doubt about it.
14. Breaking In (FOX)-Pulled from planned schedule, effective immediately, 4/12/2012.
15. Best Friends Forever (NBC)
16. Alcatraz (FOX)
17. The Finder (FOX)
18. Cougar Town (ABC) **PICKED UP BY TBS FOR A FOURTH SEASON**
19. A Gifted Man (CBS)
20. Awake (NBC)
21. Are You There, Chelsea? (NBC)
22. Harry's Law (NBC)
23. GCB (ABC)
24. Missing (ABC)
25. The River (ABC)
26. CSI: Miami (CBS)
27. Unforgettable (CBS)
28. NYC 22 (CBS)
29. Rob (CBS)
30. Napoleon Dynamite (FOX)

Animation is not on my radar, so I don't do official reports on that kind of programming.  Thanks for reading.

2 comments:

  1. I will miss:
    - Awake
    - Missing
    - HARRY'S LAW :'(
    - The Firm (it was surprisingly decent)
    - Prime Suspect (I liked it!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I watched all of those, but The Firm. I enjoyed all of them except Prime Suspect (don't read my thoughts about it, it might poison yours...lol). I wish that Harry's Law hadn't killed the spirit of the first season, but I still understood they needed to make a lot of changes going into the second season. It was just too drastic for me, and I am woefully far behind on catching up with the show. I was really disappointed with the ending of Awake, but I'm starting to get over it. I just wish Kyle Killen had cared enough to resolve what was real. He has overtly stated he never intended to answer that. I'll really miss The Finder and Alcatraz, especially Alcatraz, because it had so much untapped potential.

      Maybe some new stuff will be enjoyable next season. If not, I still have Person of Interest and Parks and Recreation to get me through. ;)

      Now it's on to the great slate of summer cable shows!

      Delete

There was an error in this gadget