Thursday, December 15, 2011

Evidently, A Lot Of Other People Hate Her Teenage Daughter, Too...

This is just a quick post to let you know that I Hate My Teenage Daughter (FOX, Wednesdays, 9:30pm ET) is very likely to get canceled, and probably pretty soon.  A few weeks ago, I wrote that the series didn't premiere strongly, and that I would be keeping a close watch on the ratings.  To me, the verdict is in.  This show is done.  It might last awhile longer, but it won't be back next season.  You can write "I Hate My Teenage Daughter" on a piece of paper, take it to the bank, hand it to a teller, and social services will be showing up to arrest you soon, since no one appears to know or care about the FOX series I Hate My Teenage Daughter

A bloodbath should be coming soon at FOX.  Terra Nova's ratings are terrible, and it is my understanding that the season (series?) finale is next week.  For any of the 7 or 8 Terra Nova fans out there, you better strongly hope both Alcatraz and Touch are not successful.  If either of those series do even remotely better than Terra Nova, there is zero chance Terra Nova will be on the schedule next season.  What makes me saddest about Terra Nova is that Human Target and Lie To Me were canceled, so this series could be made.  Both those shows (which were among the most entertaining I watched on a weekly basis), at the end of their runs, had higher ratings than Terra Nova does now.  If FOX wants to hire me as an exec, I'd be happy to work there.  My first official change would be moving competition shows to Friday, Saturday, and Sunday nights.  Make it happen, people, even if you don't want to hire me. 

I Hate My Teenage Daughter Premiere ratings:

6.80 million Overall Viewers
2.8/7 in the 18-49 Demo

People Hate Her Teenage Daughter show's most recent ratings:

5.06 million Overall Viewers
1.8/5 in the 18-49 Demo

Stick a fork in it.  Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment

There was an error in this gadget